Thursday, December 7, 2017

The Santa Experience at the Bevin House

Hello, everyone!  I hope you are having a magical December so far.  Things here at the Bevin House have been pretty magical, and very busy.  First of all, my mom came to visit, and I am sooo glad, because we definitely needed her special touch.  We had a couple fun but exhausting days of decorating and shopping and more decorating, and I'm pretty happy with the results...













Afterward we went outside to see the lights from the street, and the full moon was breathtaking.






Sunday was the Santa Experience, which went absolutely beautifully!  Walt (our photographer) came with his helper, Santa came with his helper, and I had my mom :)  While I finished cleaning up from breakfast, she set up the whole waiting room--crafts for the kids to make their own ornaments, and my tv & dvd player so we could play Christmas movies.  I made sugar cookies and frosting so the kids could decorate their own cookies too. 

We had some really sweet families come through, and the kids were all so cute and so excited to meet Santa.  Mom totally rocked craft time, and I know the families made some great memories and had a nice time together.  I'm so glad we hosted, and I hope we'll do it up even bigger next year...




That night I made dinner and we watched another Christmas movie and cuddled :)  The next day, we needed a break from the Inn, so after my morning chores we drove up to Massachusetts to visit Yankee Candle Village.  I knew mom would love it, but I didn't realize how much she would love it...




We were there for about two hours, and every once in a while I just had to tug on her sleeve and say "come on, Mom, there's still too much to see."  Then we'd go to another room and she'd see another beyond it and she'd say, "Geez, it just goes on and on."  And I'm like, "Exactly."  But it was such a fun field-trip.  And even thought she's too early for "real" snow, she got to enjoy a minute of the fake stuff...





It was such a fun visit, but it was over way too quickly, as usual.  Luckily, the next month is going to be busy, and then I'll be visiting the family in St. Augustine!  Coming soon at the Bevin House... 5 Christmas Brunches, 2 Writers Guild Meetings, 1 crazy Christmas party... 
and a partridge in a pear treeeeeee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...