Saturday, December 9, 2017

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland

Woke up this morning to the first snowfall of the season, and I LOVE IT.  I started the day by cleaning my room while "White Christmas" played in the background.  And then I spent the morning doing chores and every time I passed by a window I just had to smile.  













Later on our guests arrived, and after checking them in I prepped for breakfast/brunch tomorrow--baked french toast, quiche lorraine, and parfaits.  Jess helped me set the table and it looks so pretty :) Also I made sugar cookies and decorated them with whipped vanilla frosting and crushed peppermint, because why not? 


It snowed pretty much all day, and everything is frosted and beautiful.  I had to go for another quick little walk, and I got some great shots of the house.  Every now and then it still hits me--I live here.  I live in Connecticut.  What is my life?



Most of all though, I feel so blessed to have Jess & Dean as housemates.  They are such wonderful people, and such a big part of my life now.  It's so strange to think that a few months ago we didn't even know each other, and now they feel like family.

Next time on the Belle of Bevin House... a Christmas Parade & tree lighting!

1 comment:

  1. The first snowfall of the year is always special! What a wonderful day through your eyes and I have to say that White Christmas is one of my favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...