Wednesday, May 9, 2018

What is my LIFE?!

I don't know if it's something in the air, or if I'm just finally bouncing back from my "winter blues," but life has been especially sweet lately.  Finally went out to a place called "Two Wrasslin Cats," in East Haddam.  Met the owner, Mark, who is as delightful as his neon goatee, had a delicious sandwich--the Catprese, and a really good talk with a friend from my Writers Guild. 




Such a fun, quirky little place.  I'll definitely go back.  On the weekends they have live music :)

Saturday I spent the afternoon in Norwich with my friend Ben.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and the trees are blooming and beautiful.  


We went to the Slater Museum b/c he'd never been.  We had the place pretty much to ourselves, and though it was a little warm, we had a nice time.  They had some very cool art in the last gallery...


 Aaaand then I took more pics b/c I'm a nerd.





Beautiful, right?  How could I not take a bunch of pictures?!



From there we went to Yantic Falls, which was also beautiful...



And then he took me to see the prettiest Town Hall I have ever seen.  It reminded me of Hello Dolly!  Harmonia Gardens, maybe?  But for the life of me I can't remember what the exterior of the Harmonia Gardens looks like.  Guess I"ll have to watch it for the 100th time...


In other news I had an amazing date Saturday night, which I will not go into the details of here...

Sunday we had an event here at the Inn, a Wedding Shower for a lovely couple.  Their family was super sweet and fun to host.


Then yesterday my friend Maureen wanted to celebrate my birthday early, 
so she had a whole fun day planned.  Starting with brownie cake & presents...


Then we drove around a bit...


 And went to Harvey's Beach, where we had a lovely picnic lunch, lounged, talked, and dipped our toes in the water.  I was sooo relaxed I could've stayed all day.


After that we drove along the shore a bit with the windows down and the music up.  We got back to her farm and I took a nap on the couch while she fed her animals, and I just felt so at home and cozy.  It's amazing that I didn't even know her 8 months ago, and now she's like family.

Then today after working at the Inn and running some errands, I walked down the hill and finally went to a Yoga class at my friend Erin's studio.  It was a great experience, and a wonderful way to end the day.  After her class we walked up the hill and I found out she lives just down the road!

In mushy news... I have fun plans lining up for the rest of the week/weekend, and no one is more surprised about it than I am.  Lately, I've been overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude for the new tribe of wonderful people I have here, and I feel so blessed.  

3 comments:

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...