Thursday, November 30, 2017

November Updates :)

Hello everyone!  You may have noticed that I've been kind of hibernating this month.  This was due in part to the cooler weather and in part to my participation in Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month), in which people all over the country try to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.  It's not necessarily the best way to write something of quality, but it is a motivating way to get back into writing after a long hiatus.  And I am happy to announce that I officially claimed my win today!


I also joined the East Hampton Writers Guild and we had our first meeting last week.  They seem like a good group of people, and I'm excited to get to know them better.  We're having our next couple meetings here at the Bevin House, which should be fun.  It's such a great house, with so much history and character--the perfect setting for deep talks about life and literature.

Things at the inn have been quiet, but productive.  We are sold out for the Santa Experience and the Murder Mystery Evening, and we have started decorating for Christmas.  Jess and I went to a wreath making party, where I got to meet Dean's cool sister, have some yummy food, and make my very first wreath!


Kept writing more and more over the following days, and before I knew it, I was hitting my 5,000 word benchmarks like crazy!  I also had a visit from a member of the EH Writers Guild, my new friend, Maureen.  I gave her a tour of the Bevin House and we had such a nice visit. 

The next few days were slow going--getting the lights on the tree, getting the rest of the decorations out of the barn.  Little by little it's coming together, but not fast enough--the Santa Experience is Sunday!  Fortunately, we have a special visitor coming--my MOM!  She is a pro at decorating, and I'm so excited to have her help.  Plus, I have really missed her, and it will be great to spend some time together.  Lots of fun things planned...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...