Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October Awesomeness, Part One: Explore More

Hello, everyone!  These posts are way overdue, but life has been bonkers busy lately.  Started the month off with more exploring, ticking yet another CT county off on my exploring list :)





Finally made it out to Ekonk Hill Turkey Farm.  The corn maze was closed, but I enjoyed looking around the shop and got some yummy old fashioned sodas.







Another day I drove up to Fort Hill Farms & Gardens, where I had a nice long chat with the owner.  It was a gloomy day, but it was still fun to explore such a pretty property.




Another day I drove out to a spot my friend Erin had told me about, Diana's Pool in Chaplin, CT.  






 


Mostly I just enjoyed driving around looking at fall leaves.  Also I found this giant boulder painted to look like a frog, so that was pretty great.




Also took a trip out to the property I love in New Hartford, this time with my buddy Erin.  We explored a new section of the property today, down by the waterfall, and discovered what looks like the ruins of an old Mill.  Afterward we had lunch at a charming little cafe called Passiflora, which was super cozy and yummy.  They also had one of my favorite quotes:

Related image


We took a few minutes to play with these tarot-like cards, which are supposed to represent your past, present, and future.  My "present" card was comforting--that despite how chaotic things feel, life is exactly how it's supposed to be right now.  And my "future" card was encouraging--that I should trust and follow my passion in my love life and career.

On this particular day, things were just about to get really busy at the Inn.  But now that October is nearly over, I'm hoping to refocus on some of my goals and get a better handle on things.  So grateful to have people like Erin in my life, who listen to my hopes and dreams and encourage me along :)

A few days later I got some heartbreaking news about a dear friend of mine.  I went back to the property the next day to get some fresh air and clear my mind.  
It was a cool, foggy day, and somehow that was perfect.  



 This time I crossed the stream and hiked up the hill, finding some really neat old boulders and trees.

 


In one clearing on top of a hill there were 5 trees joined at the base.  You could climb up and sit inside the space where the trunks met, and that's how I got this shot:


From there I made my way down to the marshy area behind the pond, getting a whole new view.



I crossed the stream again, this time taking off my shoes and socks to wade across.  The water was crystal clear and freezing cold, but refreshing after the long hike.



It's just so beautiful and peaceful there, I never want to leave...




And every time I go, things are a little different.  One plant has died another has replaced it across the field, the air smells new, the landscape seems to change moods.


 I continued across the field and found this little trail across the marsh I hadn't noticed before...




It led across the stream which winds through the field...



and back into the woods on the other side.







 Despite how sad I was, or maybe because of it, it was probably my favorite visit there so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...