Monday, October 1, 2018

Historic Homes Tour and My Favorite Spot

Saturday we participated in the Chatham Historical Society's Historical Homes Tour, so in addition to hosting tours at the Bevin House, we also got tix to tour some other houses in the area.  After finishing up a busy breakfast, Jess & I headed to check some of them out.

This is the "Octagon House," where I had a nice chat with the very friendly home-owner...


and we loved all of the Halloween decorations at the "Harry Strong House"...





The "Morris McNary House in Middle Haddam had lovely views of the river...


and was the most authentic of the homes we toured, with many colonial-era artifacts.



and I could definitely see myself hunkering down in this space to read and write...





Then yesterday after work I headed out to my current favorite spot--this property for sale in New Hartford that I am currently obsessed with.  
So I just walked around for an hour or so and sat by the pond, which was relaxing.

 


I want to bring my friend Erin, who's been teaching me about local plants and their uses, and just has a great appreciation for nature.

 







Anyway, got to go, but lots of fun fall-ish type things coming up.  Happy October, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...