Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Mud, Snow, and Hot Cocoa :)

Hello all!  It's been quite a while since my last post.  Here are some of things I've been up to:

1- parking in a silly spot to make room for all the guests at the murder mystery led to this fun situation, lucky our neighbor Victor came to the rescue!


2- I have officially perfected white hot chocolate, and it is my new favorite warm-up treat.  
This is that cute little mug that I got at the Farmer's Market the other day :)


3- Early March I had my first day out exploring in quite a while.  A snowstorm was on the way, and I wanted to get out while I could.  Stumbled upon this place called Dividend Pond Open Space, and had a lovely hike in the sun.



 Straight from there I went to Cotton Hollow Preserve, 
where I found an amazing spot to sit and meditate for a bit--
right in the middle of that flat, sunny rock.




4- Snowstorm hit the next day, and it created the most magical snow-scape I've ever seen.  I couldn't resist taking a walk around and capturing some of the beauty...








I stayed out far longer than planned to because it was just so enchanting.  
I half-expected Mr. Tumnus to step out at any moment...(or Krampus).


 


The next morning everything was covered in a blanket of snow.

 


I noticed this pile of snow in the chair--doesn't it look just like a dumpy little person?
I sent it to my family and my mom was like, "Awww, who made that?"
And I was like, "No one did.  He just appeared."
He looks like he's waiting for breakfast :)




5 - The days since then have been mostly sunny, but cold.  However, with St. Patrick's Day and Easter coming, I wanted the house to look a little "Springy," so I had a diy craft night and made these little wreaths for the doors.


 6- The next day after work I went out for a hike to get some fresh air and exercise, so I went to this heritage trail near Wallingford.  Pretty, but freezing!  Probably the coldest I've been since I moved here, especially when the wind kicked up.


From there I just kind of drove around a bit.  Found this cool little memorial in a cemetery...


and this pretty church...


7- Other than that I've been ping-ponging all over the place--working (a little) on expanding my Nanowrimo novel, planning for future events here at the Bevin House (tea party, anyone?), and I recently found out that one of my best friends is coming for a visit, hooray!!!


2 comments:

  1. Grand adventures you are having! Lots of rich photos to use for writing.
    ... the Pond path looks like trails my Pony Club made at Earle Park behind the CT Audubon Society in South Glastonbury. If you've not been, it's well worth the visit.

    ReplyDelete

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...