Monday, March 26, 2018

A Gilmore Girls-type Afternoon

Ya'll know that I love me some Gilmore Girls.  I've been re-watching the show a little here and there and thinking about it a lot lately, so I decided to revisit some of the Gilmore-themed attractions.  First stop, Washington Depot (the town where Amy-Sherman Palladino was visiting when she thought up the idea for the show).  Stopped in at the Hickory Stick Bookshop...


and finally invested in my future...


After a quick stop at the Food Market (aka Doose's), for snacks...


I finally drove up the hill to check out the Mayflower Grace.  Spoiler alert--it is super big and freakin' fancy.  


From there I went to Kent, (the town that hosted last year's Gilmore Girls Fan Festival), where I had a lovely walk along Main Street.  


I popped into an Antique's Shop, where I met the sweetest little old lady ever, browsed the Bookstore and a couple other little shops.  Even the pharmacy is cute...


Kept heading north from there and found this pretty covered bridge in West Cornwall...


and probably the prettiest little church I've seen so far--St. Bridget's in Sharon, CT.


Made it all the way up to Salisbury, CT (mostly because I read that Meryl Streep has a home there and I freaking love her).  It was pretty late by then though, (and no Meryl sightings), so I headed on home from there.

Update:  I started this post over a week ago, and I'm not sure what's taken me so long to finish and publish it.  But I just realized that the next post will be my 50th!  So I'm cooking up something special... :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...