Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Word Nerd Fieldtrip - Emily Dickinson Museum & Montague Bookmill

Three posts in one night is a little much, I know.  But I never know what my schedule will be like, so I have to take advantage of the lull.  Plus, I just had to share these awesome adventures.  Got a surprise order in my etsy store, which I thought I'd suspended before the move, but I guess not.  By the time I printed the print, packaged, and mailed it, I didn't make any actual money off of it, but it was still a nice surprise, and it made me want to start producing more stuff.

Anyway, after taking care of that, I headed north toward Amherst, MA, this time with a very specific destination--The Emily Dickinson Museum.  It was a gray, drizzly day, but I still got to see some beautiful fall foliage.  My pictures didn't turn out well, and you can't take pics inside the museum, so some of these I just found online.  



I was on a tour with just one other girl, from Australia, who reminded me so much of my buddy Bethany :)  And our guide, Colin, was very knowledgeable and entertaining.  






Got a few goodies at the gift shop, including a souvenir postcard to send to my favorite English Professor :)



From there I went a little further north, which was a beautiful drive through fall foliage, to the Montague Bookmill, a maze-like, eclectic bookstore housed in an old mill, next to a beautiful river.


 

Now, I need more books to read like I need an extra hole in my head, but I just couldn't resist...






Ended up with only 2 books and a cute mug, which is pretty good (for me).  


I love their slogan :)

Going on these literary fieldtrips and surrounding myself with inspiring things, I am feeling very creatively energized, and I'm excited to announce that I'm finally participating in Nanowrimo again!  

In other news, Jess and I got Po's Rice & Spice a few nights ago, and this was in my fortune cookie...


Hard to imagine things could get more interesting, but I'm always up for an adventure.

1 comment:

  1. You actually do need another hole in your head..... it could help alleviate some pressure in there.... bahahaha... ps I did all fthreee.

    ReplyDelete

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...