Thursday, November 9, 2017

Litchfield Part 1

The other day I decided to drive back up to Ender's Falls, to see what the leaves were up to.  I've heard the foliage is not what it should be this year, but I still thought it was quite pretty.  I also saw a beautiful red fox while hiking :)





From there I decided to head over to Litchfield, because I didn't get a proper look at it when I was there with my sisters (b/c it was already dark and they were being tired, whiny babies :)

Saville Dam was looking particularly mysterious and enchanting...




The Litchfield Hills area of Connecticut (in the Northwest corner) is known for being quite beautiful, and I agree.  In fact, it wasn't long before I decided to use it as the setting of my Nanowrimo work in progress!  I'm finding lots of inspiration on my adventures and I'm excited to keep exploring.


 

Went through the Litchfield Historical Society Museum...




And into a few charming little shops...





And then I went to the other Historical Society Museum, at the Tapping Reeve House, which was way cool.  (and Free, which is my favorite thing).








More Litchfield adventures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...