Saturday, September 23, 2017

Dinosaurs and Decorating

The next day I bid farewell to Bev & Maddie, who were with us for 6 nights and practically feel like family now.  I'm so glad they'll be moving just up the road from us soon.


Finished my morning chores and headed over to Dinosaur State Park.  Apparently the first dinosaur footprints discovery was right here in the Connecticut Valley in 1802, forty years before the word "dinosaur" (terrible lizard) even existed.  And this park has the largest on-site display of dinosaur tracks in North America, which is pretty cool.





 After touring the exhibit center I went out to hike the trails.  It's all very kid-friendly, and I hear in the summer the place is packed.  But because school is back in session, I pretty much had the place to myself, which was quite peaceful.













From there I went into downtown Glastonbury, which I'd heard was quite charming, and found a beautiful trail by the river.






 

Then, because Michael's was having a huge fall decorations sale, I went shopping (usually not my favorite thing to do, but this kind of shopping is pretty fun).  Came home, hung out with the ladies a bit, and started decorating.  Really wished I had my Mom with me, because she specializes in this sort of thing and makes it look so easy.





I was kinda proud of this one (below), until I sent it to mom and she pointed out that it looks like a creature (the smaller pumpkins are the eyes).  Oh well, I'll try to just think of it as whimsical :)




And last but not least, the fall wreath.  Our old wreath had a real birds' nest in it, so I transplanted very carefully.  Hopefully the bird won't be too confused by the change...


pt. 3 cont'd in next post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...