Wednesday, August 23, 2017

So little time...

Woke up with a "to do" list a mile long, and a keen awareness there was no way we'd get it all done.  We settled for a shorter list and got busy.  I finished the bedding on a room on the third floor and started vacuuming the stairs.  Then I packed away all of my personal things in the room I'm staying in and cleaned it, so that Dean could show it at their event tonight (a local business owners networking event).  Then I helped mom gather and pack the rest of her stuff and cleaned her room as well.

We went to the store so mom could get some flowers (she had one more project she wanted to do before leaving).  I cleaned out the car and finished packing her things while she worked on her final arrangements, and soon she was hugging Dean & Jess goodbye and we were off to the airport.  I can't believe how quickly the week went by, and I think it says a lot about our relationship that we spent so much time together and still got along so well.  I'm really going to miss having her here with me, but I'm so glad she came.  I'm already starting to plan things for us to do on her next visit :)


Driving through Hartford was quite the experience.  People are crazy.  At one point we were about to move forward into an intersection after our light had turned green and some $%#*%# (ahem...) person... ran their light and cut in front of us so close that I had to slam on the brakes and he grazed the front of my car!  There is now a silver streak along the front bumper.  Could've been so much worse and I'm so grateful it wasn't.

Anyway, we made it to the airport, said a quick goodbye, and I decided to take a more scenic (and safer) route back to Hartford to explore Elizabeth Park.  Thought of mom the whole time because she would love the variety of plants and flowers and just be in awe of everything.








Also got a quick pic of the Capitol Building, which is gorgeous!


Picked up a few things from Walmart, talked to my sisters back in Florida, and got home just in time to help clean up.  There are a ton of yummy leftovers, so that's exciting.  Had another good talk with Dean & Jess as we cleaned up, then headed up to bed.

I'm really glad I have a few more days to settle in and just enjoy being here.  If all goes well I'll get a little more familiar with the area (I still haven't gotten my bearings), finish painting my room, and be moved into it by the weekend!  I start next week, and then maybe all of this will start to feel real...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...