Saturday, March 31, 2018

50th Post Celebration!!!

You guys!!!  I have been in CT for almost 8 months. and I have visited over 100 towns, attractions, and events!  I recently discovered that if I save my locations on google-maps, I could see at a glimpse all the places I've been.  Check it out... (green markers are places I still want to go).


There have been so many adventures, surprises, and challenges over the past 8 months.  So I thought this post would be a good opportunity to countdown my top 50 favorite moments so far, including the most memorable experiences, awesome events, surprising discoveries, and silly times.  Here we go:


 A sunrise walk on my first morning at the Bevin House.


 A hike and making rock towers with Mom at Comstock Bridge.


Hiking on the Air Line Trail and around Devil's Hopyard with Mom.

 

 Exploring abandoned Johnsonville (with Mom).

 

Exploring Wethersfield (with mom).


A picnic dinner, outdoor concert, and beautiful sunset at Goodspeed with Mom 
(hmmm... I'm sensing a trend...)


An afternoon of hiking hiking at Wadsworth Falls and Lovers Leap Bridge.


Exploring the town of New Milford (very Stars Hollow).

  

 These simple, happy moments at the Bevin House...

 


Hiking at Sleeping Giant, State Park & the awesome view at the top.


A breezy walk at Lighthouse Point Park at dusk.

A long talk & walk by the CT River at Hurd Park.


These moments...

 

Reading and kayaking at Lake Pocotopaug



 Pretty much the whole day of the Victorian Fair at Roseland Cottage.


Hiking and autumn-leaf-hunting at Enders Falls. 

 This fall leaf collage after walking by the River in Glastonbury.

A relaxing walk through the sensory garden at Wickham Park.

 This view at Harkness Memorial Park.

 Touring the Mark Twain House Museum

Delicious apple fritters from Robb's Farm

 Touring the Barnes Museum in Southington

Finding this cool spot on the way to Castle Craig

 A (free) walk through the Yale British Art Museum.


Watching the leaves change and pumpkin hunting
Soaking my feet in the pool and enjoying this view after the Grand Opening.

 

Hiking and exploring Slater Museum in Yantic

 Exploring Old Deerfield Village

 Walking around Wethersfield with my sisters.

 This moment...

 and this one...


And pretty much the whole time they were here.

 This moment...


The Pumpkin Spectacular! in Providence, RI


A day at the Emily Dickinson Museum and wandering around the Montague Book Mill.


This misty vista on the way home from exploring Litchfield one day...

 

 Wandering around White Memorial Park

 Making Christmas wreaths with Jess


Decorating for Christmas with my Mom & having her here for the Santa Experience!

 This awesome shot of the moon that I captured


 

Taking Mom to Yankee Candle Village & seeing her light up like a kid in a candy store.

 Dinner and "A Christmas Carol" at Hartford Stage with Jess & Patti.

Pretty much any time that it snowed.

 And every sunrise/sunset I stop to appreciate.


  The Zipline course and silly fun with Cody, especially hiking around Dinosaur State Park 
and having lunch at that Thai Place.

  

The Florence Griswold Art Colony Museum in Old Lyme.

 

This pretty sunset walk in Old Lyme
  

Murder Mystery Night at the Bevin House 

 

These sweet, Christmas-y pleasures...



And walking around at midnight after that amazing snowstorm.

That's definitely more than 50, but honestly, do you know how difficult it was to even narrow the list down to whatever number this is?

Life here has been pretty amazing so far, and in a week and a half it's about to get even better, because one of my best friends is coming to visit, and I'm SO excited :)

5 comments:

  1. Your adventures in Connecticut are so awesome. Glad you are here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of all of the places you've visited. Mary sent me the link to your blog, and I added it to my blog under my CT Day Trips heading. You've shown a lot of places that I have yet to visit, but now want to, including the Air Line State Park Trail. For Halloween 2017, I made a day trip to Devil's Hopyard, which was fun. Although we are a small state, there are many beautiful locations to see. (I recommend making a trip to Bluff Point State Park in Groton, CT at some point, if you haven't already been there.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You capture ct in such a refreshing way! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys! Anne--I haven't been there, but I'll definitely put it on my list :)

    ReplyDelete

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...