Saturday, August 26, 2017

Adventure in the "Great Wide Somewhere"

I decided I needed a day of adventuring, so I drove out to Wadsworth Falls.  It was a beautiful day, and perfect for pictures and hiking.  This is only about 24 mins from the Bevin House, btw.





Got a quick peek at Wadsworth Mansion, which unfortunately was closed today.  Not even really sure what there is to see inside, but it's pretty impressive from the road...


From there I drove another hour West to Lovers Leap State Park.  I'd hoped to take my Mom while she was here, but we just ran out of time.  







I ended up staying for a couple hours, taking a hike up one side to an awesome lookout, and then a hike up the other side, past the Indian Spring House to another lookout.

I was feeling pretty good, so I decided to keep going for a longer trip up to Kent Falls (another 35 mins north).  It was a beautiful drive, and I passed through some charming little towns.  This is New Milford, which is very Stars Hollow.

                                      









Unfortunately, by the time I got up to Kent Falls my phone was dead (I'd forgotten my charging cord at the Inn).  I thought it'd be worth it to still get out and look around, even if I couldn't take any pics, but then I discovered you have to pay to enter (not much, but I had no money).  So I haphazardly made my way back toward East Hampton with only a map to guide me.  (Which should be all you need, logically speaking, but it's been a long time...)

Made it home, had a quick dinner, finished painting my room and hung my art. Ta-daaaaa!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...