Friday, August 17, 2018

Celebrating 1 Year in Connecticut & a Big Announcement!

Wednesday was my 1-year anniversary of moving to Connecticut!  I can't believe how fast the time as gone by, and how much has changed.  Also I have a big announcement.  But first, here's some fun random things that have happened:

Outdoor movie night in Glastonbury with Adam--"The Goonies" (an old favorite :)


Finally toured Gillette Castle

 


Had lunch with Erin at a cute little cafe "Something Simple"


Tried virtual reality at Adam's at it was awesome.

Saw a bunch of movies...


Went to Music at the Gazebo downtown


and "Music at the Mansion" (Wadsworth)


Had Shauna & Sebastian over for tacos & swimming in the pool :)

Explored more of New London County and took a long, lovely hike at Bluff Point State Park... (not my pics, b/c my phone was dead, but this is exactly what it looks like).


Been reading a LOT...


I'm on a bit of an Alice Hoffman kick, and I am LOVING "The Museum of Extraordinary Things."

And now for my big announcement...

I finished the second draft of my novel, "The Suspension of William Worthington," and I'm submitting it to a contest next month.  ALSO, I finished the first draft of my Memoir, "I'd Rather be in Stars Hollow," and I have no idea what I'm doing next :)


The weather lately has been hot and humid, and I am really looking forward to fall.  But first, going to a pool party, fireworks, a concert, and white water rafting.  Because summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...