Friday, October 27, 2017

CT Sisters Trip - Part 3. A Gilmore Girls Roadtrip

Many of you know I LOVE the show Gilmore Girls.  It's a big part of why I've always wanted to go to CT, and probably responsible for my interest in innkeeping and my leap of faith to move here.  And though the town of Stars Hollow doesn't exist (yet), it's cool to check out similar small towns.

But first, I had to do breakfast--Berries & Butterscotch French Toast, Bacon & Asiago Quiche, and sausage :) yummy!  We had some delightful guests, including a guy named Brian that lives just up the road (his parents were staying), and he wrote the sweetest review!


Got to see some beautiful fall foliage on the way south to New Haven...


And even though it's not Gilmore-related, we took a fun little ride on the trolley and toured the museum.









Did a quick drive through downtown New Haven and some of the buildings at Yale...


Got a pick of Shan with "handsome Dan"...





From there we drove to New Milford, mostly because I wanted them to see Lovers Leap Bridge.




To be honest, the rest of the drive was a blur.  Because we got a late start, it was getting dark too quick for us to see the sites by the time we got up to the Kent area.  And though the Gilmore Girls Fan Festival was this weekend, we didn't see any trace of it just driving through.  Now I'm fine with long, seemingly aimless drives, but Shan was getting pretty tired of being in the car, and reached quite a fun delirious state, captured in my favorite picture from the whole trip...


Picked up dinner at Po's Rice & Spice and had a lovely visit with Dean, Jess, and the neighbors by the bonfire.  Then we retired to eat a late dinner and watch another movie :)

1 comment:

  1. My kids are going to see these photos one day and won’t believe how awesome I used to be.

    ReplyDelete

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...