Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Sick out of the Gate...

I really wanted to hit the ground running here at Bevin House.  But the owner was all, "Take some time to settle in and explore the area."  Fine.  Managed to sneak in some projects anyway, and then this week was supposed to be my big 'START.'  Unfortunately, the annoying little tickle I'd been feeling in my throat turned into a full-blown end-of-summer-madness cold.  Luckily the owner had it first, so he wouldn't think I'm faking ;)


Starting to think Dean is a freaking machine, because on his worst day with this cold, he still managed to cut a hole in the wall, install a new door, do a bunch of other projects, and then host a business party with 50+ people.

In other news, Sunday after church I walked 5 miles on the Air Line Trail, which was beautiful.  (This was when I felt only mildly awful...)  Afterward I ate dinner by the lake and had a nice chat with Mom.



When I got home Dean & Jess were hanging out with the neighbors by their bonfire and called me over.  I'm a sucker for bonfires, and it was nice to relax and hang out with everyone (even if I was sucking on cough drops the whole time; is there a limit to how many cough drops you should have in a 24 hr period?  Because I've been popping them like m&m's).

The next day (Monday) was my truly sick I-want-to-die day, but luckily Dean was cool about it and I got some rest.  Later I did muster a little energy for some light cleaning, and Jess pointed out a package (that I didn't even consider might be mine) from my sister!


It was such a great surprise, and the perfect pick-me-up.  A hot bath, medicine, sleep, and the next day I was much better.  Did some more cleaning--1st floor--this house is ginormous!  (Should really contact my old pal Valerie from Abigail Inn and get some tips on taking care of a big house solo).  Did some more research about the house.  (I'm putting together a little pamphlet to go in the rooms).  Went with Dean to 3 different stores getting groceries & supplies, and we had a nice chat about the Grand Opening.  Between that and 3 major holidays coming up, there's a lot to look forward to!

Also had my first customer contact today!  Someone is planning to have a New Year's Eve Birthday Party/Masquerade Ball here!  She and her bff came for a tour and we discussed some options.  I love decorating for parties and events, so I'm really excited :)

I knew Jess was going to have another long day at work, so I started one of the Hello Fresh! meals for us to share.  Dean was out for the night, so we just had a little girl time and watched a movie while she prepped for the next day (her first day with her students).  A hot shower and meds before bed, hoping to kick this stupid cold as soon as I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...