Monday, August 21, 2017

Navigating Challenges...

Alright, so we had issues with our phones today and had to explore old school, without gps (gasp!).  We headed down toward Essex, not really sure what we'd do when we got there (but that's part of the fun, isn't it?).  Made a few wrong turns, but corrected quickly and made it in pretty good time.





It was a pretty hot day, so we didn't explore as much as we would have liked, but we'll definitely be coming back when we have more time and money...  We did take time to do the little ferry ride across to Essex Island, which is basically a huge marina.  There's also a resort-type facility with a pool and a restaurant that looked pretty cool.






Drove a little further to Old Saybrook to get lunch and headed back to the Bevin House.  Had a good talk with Dean (the owner) and a little mini-intro into how he does reservations and where certain things are in the house.  Later mom and I went on a fieldtrip to Home Depot.  We got the paint for my new room ("Sea Glass"), and planters and flowers for a project at the Inn.  

Dean told us about some live music down by the river at Goodspeed Opera House, so we decided to go check it out.  Again, the weather was beautiful, the music was good, and the people were happy. 






Looking around you just can't help but feel like these New Englander's know how to have a better time than the rest of us.  Mom and I had a lovely picnic dinner, got groceries on the way home, and prepped for breakfast tomorrow.  It's going to be a busy day--making my first breakfast for the owners, the porch planter project, hopefully kayaking, and maybe even painting my room!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...