Thursday, September 28, 2017

Parks & Recreation

Earlier this week, I made my way to Harkness Memorial Park.  Couldn't tour the mansion, because there was an event going on, but the grounds were beautiful and the weather was perfect.  Every time I find a new little spot like this, I'm amazed at how much more there still is to see.










One day after a lot of sweaty chores, Jenn and I borrowed Patti's kayaks and went for a ride out on Lake Pocotopaug.  It was pretty funny fitting the kayaks into my teeny car and riding down to Sears Park to launch.  We were a little wary of spiders hiding in the... (cockpit?  whatever, the space where your legs go), and every time a strap or hair brushed against us, we had a minor panic attack :)




The sunset was breathtaking, and the cool wind was so refreshing.  We wound our way between the islands and then around the far side, and as I glided across the silver water with the breeze on my face I realized this was the most beautiful moment I'd had so far since moving up here.  And there have been a long list of beautiful moments.



On the way home we stopped at Abbeez and got the best frozen yogurt of my life.  And instead of going to bed early, like I should have done, I stayed up late to watch Rosemary's Baby... Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye...

  I am writing this post almost 3 years after I took this picture, of a bouquet my lovely friends in my writing group gave me as a fare...